October this year sees the 10th AstriCon take place in Atlanta, GA – this is very fitting as it was the location of the very first AstriCon back in 2004, as well as last years event which proved to be a tremendous success.
What makes AstriCon so great is the special mix of people who participate, ranging from Telephony Geeks with Attitude to Insane Integrators and Crazy Consultants, and – of course – you (whether you fit into one of those categories or need a new one just for you!).
We’re already working on AstriCon 2013 and in addition to our ideas and the great feedback we got after last years event, we also need input from you on the following:
- What tracks should we have this year?
- What talks should we have this year?
- Should we have some workshops in addition to lecture-style sessions?
- How should we identify talks, so that the right audience finds them (do we need keys or meta tags, or will just the description do)?
- With it being the 10th Anniversary AstriCon, how should we celebrate?
- Who should be honoured at AstriCon? What for?
- Should anything that has been part of previous AstriCons be dropped?
- We’re aiming for 1000 attendees this year – do you have any special ideas to help achieve this?
The great thing about being a community is that there are lots of people to contribute to the shape of Asterisk and to the shape of AstriCon – so we are keen to hear your ideas.
Please send your ideas to me at email@example.com or just reply to this post.
Thanks, and see you in Atlanta!