Malcolm Davenport July 30th, 2012
Today, we’re pleased to announce new releases of several different softwares:
- Digium Phone firmware 1.1.0
- DPMA 1.2
- Certified Asterisk 1.8.11-cert5
All three are designed to be used together to provide users of Digium phones with a number of new features, including:
- EHS for Plantronics headsets
- DNS SRV lookups
- Send To / Dial VM – Calls directed to phones may now be sent directly to voicemail or transferred directly to a Contact’s voicemail. Or, those calls may be ignored and they can continue to traverse the dialplan – an extremely useful feature.
- Call Queue App – Queue members can now log in, out, and pause themselves directly from the phone. Managers and members with elevated privileges can, also from the phone, see information about waiting callers, on-call members, and get queue statistics.
- Call Recording – Users may now record their own calls with the press of a softkey, and can listen to those recordings inside the Messages application.
- Customized Ringing – Administrators can now create customized alert messages, specifying any of the phone’s ringing behaviors, with customized ringing tones.
- Preferences Control – Administrators can define and optionally lock down the complete preference behavior for the phone.
- Multiple Network Support – Administrators can create phone networks, specifying server and file URL’s on a per-network basis. Users can select their network from the phone’s menu.
- FTP(s) Provisioning – In addition to the HTTP(s) support for administrators performing their own, manual, non-DPMA provisioning, FTP(s) is now supported.
- Remote SIP NOTIFY configure – For administrators not using the DPMA, Digium phones may now be remotely reconfigured via SIP NOTIFY. DPMA maintains a separate mechanism for reconfigure.
- Registration-Host Failover (Alternate Host) – Phones can be configured with an alternate server, to which the phone maintains a second registration. In the event that the primary server becomes unavailable, the phone will automatically switch to the alternate server. This feature is available now for users performing their own, manual, non-DPMA provisioning and will be supported in a future (not 1.2) DPMA release.
Administrative documentation for the DPMA 1.2 is available at:
Downloads of new phone firmware for Asterisk users and the DPMA are available at:
Downloads of the new release of Certified Asterisk are available at:
If you’re an AsteriskNOW user, just drop down to the CLI and perform a “yum update.”